Parkway Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center
Please read through these instructions thoroughly and call the office with any questions or concerns. It is very important that you follow these instructions fully on the day of your surgery.
1. Please refer to your Medication Schedule to make sure you have taken all your prescriptions on time.
2. Do not eat or drink ANYTHING 8 hours prior to your surgery. This includes ALL solid foods and ALL liquids including water. (example: if your surgery is at 8am, do not consume ANYTHING after midnight the night before.)
3. ONE hour before your surgery, take your 600mg Ibuprofen along with FOUR (4) antibiotic tablets with a SMALL sip of water. That morning, you can brush your teeth and use your mouth rinse.
4. If you are being sedated, you MUST have an escort (family member, close friend, spouse, etc.) who can bring you to your appointment and stay on campus throughout the duration of your appointment. This person must be over the age of 18 with a valid driver’s license. It is a non-negotiable Memorial Hermann policy that while you are being sedated, your driver must stay on the campus. You may not be dropped off or take an Uber or taxi.
5. On the day of your surgery, you will want to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Please do not wear any contact lenses, jewelry, dresses, long sleeves, high heels, or flip flops. Patients with long hair, please wear down with no hair clips or buns. Please remove any eye lash adhesive strips before your surgery.
6. We need at least 1 finger (index or middle finger) on each hand free of any nail polish or shellac.
7. If your health history has changed between now and the day of your surgery, please let the office know immediately so we can accurately update your health history.
8. Your normal medications can be taken with a small sip of water, unless otherwise specified. Please let your doctor or the assistants know if you are diabetic, as you may have special instructions given to you.
Things to keep in mind
1. You may need to be off work or school for 3-5 days, so please let us know if you need a work or school excuse.
2. You should be prepared to stay in the office from 1-3 hours depending on your procedure. Please give yourself and your driver enough time when you are making plans for your procedure. Keep in mind, they are not able to leave the campus and will have to wait in their car until you are finished.
3. Do not smoke ANYTHING, including marijuana and do not use any social drugs 48 hours prior to your surgery. This may counteract with the sedation medication.
4. If you need to cancel or reschedule your procedure, please contact our office at least 48 hours before your scheduled procedure.
Note: Please notify the office if you are having symptoms of a head cold, chest cold or any changes in your health arise.
Failure to comply with the pre-op instructions COULD result in having to reschedule your procedure.
Please download and print this from with the button below then sign and bring with you to your appointment.